Chief Deposit Officer
The Chief Deposit Officer (CDO) is responsible for developing and monitoring all daily deposit activities across the organization. The CDO ensures accountability and growth for both commercial and retail deposits by establishing goals and incentives and working with the marketing department to offer the most relevant, successful, and profitable products.
Use of JOHO OneSource™ allows the CDO to:
- View daily performance by branch, department, employee, and product with ability to drill to individual accounts
- Identify geographic differences and focus on unique approaches based on segmentation, competition, and other factors
- Analyze maturing CDs or direct deposit cancellations that may affect overall deposit balances
Here are just a few report examples for CDO:
Deposit Trend Dashboard ?
The Deposit Trend Dashboard report charts out total deposit amounts ($) by month end date showing 6 months at a time. This chart is scrollable and allows the user to drill into any total to view the accounts that make up the monthly total.
Deposit Weighted Average Cost of Funds Summary ?
The Deposit Weighted Average Cost of Funds Summary report is a summary of weighted average cost of funds by year/month at the product level. It can also be filtered down further by branch if wanted.
Deposit Accounts $250K plus by product ?
The Deposit Accounts $250K by Product report is a list of all deposit accounts with a balance of 250K or greater. It breaks them out and groups them by the products they are associated with. This report can easily be changed to different amounts other than 250K if needed.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is in charge of all aspects of a bank’s or credit union’s operations and procedures affecting customers, employees, and stakeholders. The CEO monitors all functional areas to ensure his or her subordinates are performing well and financial performance and returns are being maximized.
Use of JOHO OneSource™ allows the CEO to:
- Create and lead an analytical culture focused on Data Driven Solutions and superior, quicker decision making
- Deliver a multi-faceted top-down, bottom-up, peer-to-peer ecosystem of highly informed and empowered employees
- Implement goals, track results, and hold accountable all team members with daily and on-demand information
Here are just a few report examples for CEO:
Bank Dashboard ?
The Bank Dashboard report is parameter driven by year and month. It compares bank figures based on month chosen, prior month, and prior year with % variances. Many metrics are looked at including customer, loan, deposit, and other figures.
Customer Growth Dashboard ?
The Customer Growth Dashboard charts out New, Lost, and the Net of the new and lost customers.
Cash Flow By Branch ?
The Cash Flow by Branch report is parameter driven by year and month. It shows a count (#) and amount ($) for each product and compares it to beginning of year count (#) and amount ($). It also gives a positive or negative change figure to see how those products are doing for the year.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) oversees the financial performance and reporting of the organization. Internal requests, external audits, and regulatory demands have traditionally led many CFOs and their teams to lead and implement data-driven strategies and initiatives within the company. Unfortunately, much of this time-consuming reporting has typically consisted of manual data dumps and Excel spreadsheets, known only to one person and adding significant risk to the process.
Use of JOHO OneSource™ improves CFO success by:
- Automating data extracts and report delivery via one click of the mouse
- Bridging the gap between departments for all strategic, tactical, and operational decisions based on actual data vs. “gut feel”
- Encouraging how business is done by leveraging the predictive power and improved insight allowed via faster data and information, provided daily and on-demand
Here are just a few report examples for CFO:
GL Transactions List ?
The GL Transaction List report lists out all transactions for all GL accounts. With the ability to choose a start and end date, this report gives users the ability to get different totals or sums on a variety of GL transaction data.
Monthly Income Statement ?
This custom Income Statement groups, orders, and subtotals GL Accounts to match the Board Report package. This report uses colors, instead of underlines, to highlight totals and subtotals, and includes the previous year-to-date balance from the previous year.
Quarterly Balance Sheet ?
This custom Balance Sheet groups GL Accounts in a manner defined by a customer, and includes quarterly balances for Current, Previous, and Change amounts. Add subtotals, additional groupings, or export to Excel for manual input.
Chief Loan Officer
The Chief Loan Officer (CLO) oversees the largest portion of your financial institution’s income-producing assets… Net Loans and Leases. Loans influence many areas of the business, including income (fees and interest), risk (collateral and debt-to-income ratios), and expense (delinquencies and charge-offs) and the entire portfolio must be monitored closely and frequently.
With JOHO OneSource™, the CLO can:
- Examine risk across multi-faceted roles including customer/household/portfolio and joint/co-signor relationships
- Build and analyze unlimited custom loan “pools” not tracked in the source data
- Measure pipeline and performance trends via multiple dimensions (customer, data, product, employee, branch) within the organization
Here are just a few report examples for CLO:
Loan Weighted Avg Yield Summary ?
The Loan Weighted Average Yield Summary report is a summary of weighted average yield by year/month at the product level. It can also be filtered down further by branch if wanted.
Loan Call Report ?
The Loan Call Report is used for call report data from loan accounts.
New Loans List by Officer ?
The New Loans List by Officer report groups loans by loan officer and gives the user the ability to choose a date range in the parameters. This allows the report to be ran daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc to see which officers are opening loans and getting the totals for those loans.
Chief Marketing Officer
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) directs the marketing and communications message to support the overall strategies for the entire Bank or Credit Union. The CMO engages in frequent and effective communication with all business leaders and must understand the “who”, “what”, “when”, “where”, “why”, and “how” of potential and existing customers. Timely Data Analytics is key to eliminating wasted marketing dollars, and to the overall success of the CMO’s efforts.
Use of JOHO OneSource™ allows the CMO to:
- Send timely, targeted pre-approvals (loans, credit cards, CDs) rather than high-cost, ineffective mass mailings
- Build alerts and monitor specific events to help improve customer service, cross-sell, and up-sell
- Combine internal and external data to establish a true “Customer 360” view of prospects and clients
Here are just a few report examples for CMO:
Customer Demographics Dashboard ?
The Customer Demographics Dashboard shows charts based on customer data. Allows you to filter and drill into each piece of data and list out customers that make up a particular piece of the data.
Customer 360 Dashboard ?
The Customer 360 report is a parameter driven report that allows you to choose a customer and see basic customer info along with customer to customer relationships. Deposit, loan, and safe box info is also listed out with deposit and loan trending charts.
Customer Account Counts ?
The Customer Account Counts report is a crosstab report that charts out how many accounts each customer has by product category and gives a total. It also allows the user to drill into each customer as list out their specific accounts to view them. This can be used as a great cross-selling tool to see where certain customers have accounts and don’t have accounts.
Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer (COO), depending on the size and complexity of your business, may very well have the most challenging role. The COO manages all operational activities to ensure quality products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner, while trying to maximize profit and guarantee policy and procedure compliance. No doubt, the COO requires visibility into all software, process, and data throughout the entire organization to achieve results.
Use of JOHO OneSource™ allows the COO to:
- Define, monitor, and adjust unlimited metrics to measure the overall customer experience
- Improve overall efficiency with employee “alerts”, “to dos”, and “follow-up” reminders to drive processing throughput
- Establish consistent and seamless communication between “front” and “back” office events to unlock key customer insights
Here are just a few report examples for COO:
Operations Budget ?
The Operations Budget report includes a crosstab of budget amounts by branch and by date. It allows you to filter by budget names, branch names, budget year, and budget version. It also charts out each branch budget by month. *This report is only applicable if JOHO is pulling in budget data.
Teller Transaction Counts By Tran Code ?
The Teller Transaction Counts By Tran Code report totals the types of transactions ran per employee by branch. This report can be filtered by year, month, branch, employee, and transaction code.
Customer Valid City State Zip ?
The Customer Valid City State Zip report uses logic to show possible invalid customer addresses comparing city, state, and zip combinations. Please let us know if you see a combination that seems to be valid but is on the report and we will check on validation logic.